Friday, March 1, 2019

NaNoReMo 2019

Some years ago, John Wiswell, of the fabulous Bathroom Monologues, came up with the idea of NaNoReMo - National Novel Reading Month. You pick a novel you have meant to read for some time - a classic, something that's been sitting on your shelf for too long - and you commit to finishing it before the month is out.

I used to get through a lot of French novels this way, but in recent years have turned to more contemporary classics. 2019 will therefore mark a return to form - I will be taking on a book long on my to-be-read list, which I recently received as a gift: Flaubert's Madame Bovary. My experience of Flaubert is limited only to A Simple Heart, so this will be a significant addition to my literary mental map of France.

It's lengthy, but I'm starting it today, and since every other NaNoReMo I've done has been a success I hope this one will be too. Wish me luck!

Image result for madame bovary steegmuller

No comments: