Friday, March 26, 2010

Daria

I really liked Daria as a high schooler. It ran successfully for years since students with functioning minds can find high school to be hellish. The episodes are consistently funny and usually had an interesting message, or you could relate to them. It reminds me of the flip side of things now that I teach it.

The best episode they ever did I only just saw for the first time on YouTube. I'd never seen it during high school. It struck me right between the eyes, and I really recommend it for those who know the series. (It really is only being shared for those who know the series because it won't make any sense for those who don't. Sorry.) Here is part 1 of 3, with sidebar links to the other parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uFqKGHk2uY

If you don't know the series, don't worry: in May you'll be able to buy the series on DVD.

No comments: