Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees 2013 Edition


And the nominees are:

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Donna Summer
N.W.A.
Heart
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Kraftwerk
Public Enemy
The Meters
Deep Purple
Chic
Albert King
Procol Harum
Randy Newman
The Marvelettes
Rush

A nice selection. Usually I assume only five will be inducted. Of this crop I only had to look up the Marvelettes, who helped Motown get started (best known by “Please, Mr. Postman”).

My personal picks would be Joan Jett, Donna Summer and Heart, all of which I’ve advocated for in the past, joined by Public Enemy (no contest) and Kraftwerk – one of the first bands I ever wanted added when I first started watching this process.

N.W.A., Albert King, Deep Purple, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, and The Meters are my second-place picks.

This could be a good year. Of my initial list, from 2009, I wanted Whitney Houston, Gram Parsons, Roxy Music, Kraftwerk, and the Stooges. They’ve got the Stooges, now they’ve got a chance to get Kraftwerk. Still waiting on those as well as the previous mentions of Jethro Tull, Joan Baez, Nick Drake, Richard and Linda Thompson, Dionne Warwick, Janet Jackson…

No comments: