Friday, January 10, 2014

New Year and Music

So it's an even-numbered year, and for the blog that means a favorite movie and television update in March. I may even write something on Gormenghast in the near future.

In the meantime, here are the best and worst of my music collection. Couple of things to note:

1. The grades are not standard American grades, thank you I know.

2. This is a very flawed system. I go through an album, and decide if I like a track or not, and then grade it. A good example of how this system is flawed would be a hiphop album with a lot of skits. Over all, the skits maybe make up a couple minutes of the total running time. But if they're poor, they'd skew the appreciation of the album down, due to counting as a track. Likewise some albums only have a couple tracks, and this too skews, for it's more difficult to judge if a 30 minute instrumental track is simply good or not.

Anyways, here they are:

 Best

Worst

No comments: