Sunday, March 4, 2018

NaNoReMo 2018

It's March, and so it is time once again for National Novel Reading Month, a concept initially proposed by the very talented John of The Bathroom Monologues. The idea: You pick up some novel you're supposed to have read, or one that's been sitting on your shelf a long time, a classic ideally, and take the month of March to read it. I've been doing it for years and it has always led to a delightful feeling of accomplishment.

This year I'm starting a few days late, because I just got back from a relaxing trip to Florida. Also I sort of forgot. But I have decided that this year's book will be: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. It has been on my shelf a long time, one of the longest, and more to the point, it's one of the books I've been dreading reading the most (I blame Jack Nicholson - did not like that movie).

I hope the novel is more rewarding than I'm expecting. So far I've not read anything by Kesey, and while NaNoReMo is usually a time for old (pre-20th century) tomes, I have increasingly few of those left...

No comments: