Sunday, May 12, 2019

Life Update 2019

So, approximately a year ago, I started dating a really nice young woman from my work.

We hit it off, and by mid-summer we were an official couple. By Christmas we'd met each other's families, and a month or so later she mentioned to her parents we wanted to move in together.

Somewhat surprisingly, her parents, who own some properties, offered her a soon-to-be-vacated house. And by next Sunday, we should be all moved in.

This relationship has marked a whole new stage of my life. Last year, for example, I read a record-low number of books - because I was busy going to museums, camping trips, and Hearst Castle with my girlfriend. I saw fewer movies than usual - because she was being introduced to Lord of the Rings, West Wing, Firefly, and other shows and movies. And, of course, I've been posting on here less. Especially this past month - I've been focused on all the craziness that goes into a move (even if it is only about ten miles away, as the crow flies).

I love the new house. Like any big step, I expect, there's some apprehension. But so far the excitement is keeping the worry at bay.

And I'm building a Zen garden, which is making me practically giddy.

My school, meanwhile, gave me my contract for next year, and my salary is going up, slightly. It's still a great place to work, so that's good. Family is doing well. Life, in general, is in a really good place. And I still *am* reading and watching new movies, and such. I'm paying attention to politics (sorry to see Biden enter the race) and other interests (yay Dave Chappelle getting the Twain Award!). But real life is more important to me, now.

Anyways, that's why there's been so little on here, and why it may remain a bit lessened in output moving forward. Thanks to whoever is still out there reading this - I'll keep posting for you.


No comments: