Thursday, September 24, 2009

And The Nominees Are...

Every year I make predictions of who should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (http://pokingbadgerswithspoons.blogspot.com/2009/06/rr-h-o-f.html). This year there are 12 nominees, five of whom will be inducted. I've emboldened the ones I want to win. Nominees:

The Stooges Please? Finally?
KISS Why not.
Red Hot Chili Peppers They've got their own sound, sure.
Laura Nyro I only recently discovered her but damn.
ABBA I'm not even going to fight this one.

The Hollies - I like 'Bus Stop', but they're just another British invasion band. On the other hand Graham Nash would finally be a double inductee alongside Crosby, Stills and Young.

The Chantels - Meh. I'd be okay with their winning I guess.

Jimmy Cliff - Should win. Should replace ABBA.

Genesis - Do we want to reward Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel for what they've done?

Donna Summer - Do we want to reward disco for what it's done?

Darlene Love - She was that girl's voice you heard in the background of Phil Spector productions.

LL Cool J - Huh.

So there You have it. Next year maybe the other three oversights (Parsons, Kraftwerk, Roxy Music) will finally be acknowledged. Here's hoping the Stooges finally make it this year.

No comments: